Shah has 30 years of experience in business law and commercial law, information technology and commercial property. He is widely recognised for his expertise in business structuring, including shareholders’ agreements and business acquisitions and sales. He advises clients in a range of industries including manufacturing, distribution, professional services, IT and education industries. His clients range from IT companies and software developers through to national and international manufacturers, education providers, accountants, medical practitioners, engineers and other professionals.
Shah regularly advises clients on:
- corporate and business structuring
- sale and purchase of businesses and companies
- shareholders and disputes
- commercial and government contracts (particularly in the IT and services industries)
- tailored commercial documents including service agreements, terms of supply, ASP and software licence agreements, distributorships and reseller agreement and many others
- commercial property sales, purchases and leases
Shah is a member of the NSW Law Society Specialist Accreditation Committee and is a regular presenter at conferences on business and commercial law. Recent topics include:
- buying and selling businesses
- due diligence for mergers and acquisitions
- drafting shareholders’ agreements and shareholder disputes
- commercial leasing
- the PPSA and its impact on commercial and property transactions
Shah is also the author of a number of works including articles for the Law Society Journal and chapters for the Encyclopaedia of Forms and Precedents published by LexisNexis.
Shah has a reputation for providing responsive, practical advice.