Even with the best intentions, disputes can arise.
During the course of development projects or building works there can be disputes about a variety of matters, including:
- The nature or quality of the work done
- Delays in carrying out the work
- The amount claimed by the builder as a progress payment
- Whether particular work is part of the contract price or a variation for which the builder can charge extra
- Whether payment milestones or ‘practical completion’ have been achieved
- The rights, liabilitie and obligations of the parties
Some of these disputes can be easily resolved with discussions between the parties. But sometimes the parties can’t reach an agreement. Our solicitors have experience in helping people involved in property disputes to understand their contractual rights and obligations, and to know what remedies are available.
Remedies can include:
- Suspension of work
- Actions with the CTTT and the NSW Department of Fair Trading
- Court action
How we can help
If you need information about Building & Property Disputes, contact: